We are all connected to the people in our lives on an emotional and energetic level, and every time we interact with these people we exchange energy. These energetic and emotional cords are not restricted by space or time, meaning you can be connected to someone who is far away, or someone from your past. It is necessary to have some ties in every relationship, but some are beneficial while others are destructive.
During our everyday interactions with our partners, friends, siblings, parents, children, and colleagues we exchange energy, and within these interactions there are likely to be times where we feel hurt, betrayed, judged, misunderstood, insulted etc. Quite often we are not aware of how much energy we spend on these experiences, which can provoke feelings of fear, anger, and resentment within us. If we don’t resolve these feelings then we continue to leak energy and perpetuate these negative patterns.
Emotional cords are formed on a subconscious level, and severing them is a useful way to clear past experiences, get rid of resentments, and stop repeating old patterns. Cutting the cord does not necessarily sever the relationship, unless that is the intent, rather it puts the relationship back onto a healthy path.
Cutting cords is useful for:
- Ridding your life of someone that you no longer want in it.
- Enabling yourself to be free and move forwards after a break-up.
- When you wish to maintain the relationship but it has become unhealthy.
- When you are transitioning to a new phase in your life and have some things to let go of.
How are emotional cords cut?
First of all you need to take a break from being around the person from whom you wish to sever cords with. The spiritual procedure will work better if you have already begun the detachment process beforehand. It’s also important, prior to cutting the cords, that you understand how they got formed in the first place and what you can learn from any positive aspects from the relationship.
When you’re ready to cut your emotional cords, the method will go something like this…
- Relaxation: Your healer will start by asking you to get into a comfortable position, either sitting r lying down. You’ll be asked to close your eyes to block out external distractions, and take several deep breaths to calm your body down.
- Visualise the cords: The next stage involves clearly visualising the person with whom you wish to sever the cords. Take your time to really see and feel the cords that exist between the two of you. Some people visualise them as ropes or chains, while others may see them as electrical cords or rays of light. There is no right or wrong way to visualise the cords.
- Visualise cutting the cords: Picture yourself physically cutting these negative cords. Some people envisage themselves snipping them with scissors or a sword, while others see themselves unplugging the cords and freeing themselves. Some cords may be a bit tougher to sever than others so give yourself time and remember to let love in and heal as well.
- Awareness and healing: Once the exercise is complete and you’re happy that all the emotional cords have been properly severed it’s important to take some time to relax and heal yourself. Imagine a healing energy around the areas where the cords were cut, this is a particularly important step if you were cutting away from a difficult or painful situation.
- Future awareness: If you have interactions with that person in the future it’s vital that you keep in mind the cord cutting process that you’ve been through. Aim to establish healthy, positive patterns of interaction with that person from now on to avoid falling back into the negative patterns that you have just severed.
For more information on emotional cord cutting please don’t hesitate to contact us, we’re always happy to answer any questions you may have.