A few years ago Matt Damon went on the Jay Leno show in America and told the world that using hypnosis was “the greatest decision I ever made in my life”. Since then more and more celebrities have openly turned to hypnotherapy to help them overcome a variety of issues from weight loss to smoking.
Here are some famous names and the surprising reasons they turned to hypnotherapy…
- Orlando Bloom – The Lord of the Rings actor used hypnosis as a child. His addiction to chocolate caused him to gain weight, so his mother took him to a hypnotherapist to help him beat the addiction, lose weight, and get in shape.
- Sophie Dahl – The British model was once an icon for plus-sized women everywhere. However after a change of heart ten years ago she decided to have hypnosis to help her shed the weight and get down to a size 8. She’s now a happy, healthy, and working as a pin-up model.
- Tiger Woods – The golfing pro has famously used hypnosis since he was a child. A mixture of hypnosis, neuro-linguistic programming, and visualisation help him to get in the zone and focus on his game. Seems like it’s been working well for him!
- Ben Affleck – The actor is a big fan of hypnotherapy and its ability to re-wire human behaviour. He famously used it to help him stop smoking, live a healthier lifestyle, and get into shape.
- Kevin Costner – The Hollywood legend had his own private hypnotist flown out to Hawaii while he was filming Waterworld because his sea-sickness was plaguing his filming schedule. Since the hypnotherapy Kevin has no problems with being on the water.
- Geri Halliwell – Ginger Spice is one of a number of celebrities who have used hypnotherapy to lose weight and get fit. Lily Allen also dropped 3 dress sizes after a course of hypnotherapy.
- Kevin McBride – The boxer listens to his hypnosis sessions before every fight, claiming that it helps to put him in a positive and focused state of mind.